Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chronicles

I'm lying in bed at 5:30 A.M., wondering why I cannot sleep. I went to bed at 12:30...I think I should be tired. Usually when this happens, God has something planned. It's happened before and I kinda trust Him. :)


So I decide to read my Bible and I feel like I'm supposed to read about David. I decided I'm going to read Psalms. (Despite my being a PK, I'm AWFUL at knowing where stuff is that include certain people...so I always turn to Psalms.) Well, I open my Bible, and there's 1 Chronicles 27. Has anyone read Chronicles? When I've read it before, I was bored outta my mind. But for some reason I decided to read it. Yeah. It's a list of the officers of Davids army and who did what for Davids kingdom. That got me fascinated. I mean, I know there's a lot in the Bible about David, but this made me smile. So I read further. I read into Chapter 28---I was actually fascinated by 1 Chronicles...that never happens. ;-)


I don't know why, but this passage just struck my heart. Leading up to it, David is talking to all of his officials and officers in his kingdom. He's saying how, despite him spilling blood and not being able to build a house for God (for the ark of the covenant), God chose his family to rule over all of Israel forever. From the house of Judah, he chose Davids family, and from his fathers son, God chose David. And from Davids sons, God has chosen Solomon to sit on throne of the kingdom of the Lord over Israel. 


Mmkay. Here are the verses that just...I dunno...it just made sense to me. 


"Solomon your son is the one who will build my house and my courts for I have chosen him to be my son and I will be his father. I will establish his kingdom forever if he is unswerving in carrying out my commands and laws, as is being done at this time. 


 So now I charge you in the sight of all Israel and in the assembly of the Lord, and in the hearing of our God: Be careful to follow all the commands of the Lord your God, that you may possess this good land and pass it on as an inheritance to your descendants forever.


And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart, and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you."


(1 Chronicles 28: 6-9) 


If you got lost during that, please read it again. Especially the italicized and bolded. I have no idea why this just struck my heart. 


Maybe it's because I feel like it's a promise from God for my family. For my siblings. My dad is a godly man. He taught us six kids so much about God. And...Jesus is the God of my father, yes. I feel like God is saying that he's going to become so much more real to my siblings and become their God instead of our fathers God. My siblings, I love them to death. They know about God's love...about God's intimacy with His children...they've been taught their entire lives. I feel like God is going to make it more real to them than ever before and grab ahold of them. They just need to seek him. 


I love little nuggets of truth and awesomeness to be found in places you didn't expect. I definitely did not expect to be inspired..and given hope from 1 Chronicles. 


The next step is praying this forth. Praying that my family does grab ahold of Jesus and never lets go. That we will serve him will wholehearted devotion and a willing mind. Not just a willing mind. A mind and heart that longs to serve Him, that is lovesick when we're not in His presence. And that we will never have to become lovesick, because we never leave his presence. God has a destiny for my family, and it is GREAT. And wonderful. and perfect. And according to His purpose. 


God, encounter my family. Give them encounters with you.


Encounter this generation


Encounter this country!


AMEN.

No comments: