Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pride, be broken.

Driving along in my Monte Carlo
Coming home from school
I was listening to Jesus Culture
The song "Oh Lord, you're beautiful"
Have you ever truly listened to the lyrics?


"I want to take Your Word and shine it all around
But first help me just to live it, Lord
And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek the crown
For my reward is giving glory to You"



I can't mention the number of times I've seeked the crown
Of pride that I'm doing better than someone else
That I'm somehow "Holier" than others
When my sins are just as bad
Just not as evident as some peoples


This song broke me. Have I truly been giving glory to God
and that's a good enough reward?
Or have I just been giving Him lip service
and been expecting so much more than giving the glory to God?


I don't want to go through my life giving lip service. 
The emptiness of that...terrifies me.
I want to give glory to God...
I want every action to glorify Him...


"Oh Lord, please light the fire
That once burned bright and clear
Replace the lamp of my first love
That burns with holy fear"


I want my first love to get the glory He deserves.


I'm human.
I'm not perfect.
I make mistakes.
Please, call me out on it.
Because I want to be
like my Jesus.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the follow! Which you posted is so true! It's a heart thing :)