Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Let it rain down, this glory so bright.

Ezekiel. That lucky man. His visions and him seeing the glory of God. 

I'm utterly amazed and I totally understand how he fell facedown and couldn't speak for 7 days. I don't think I could speak for a month.

Just to see a glimpse of the glory of God...

Well, we see it everyday and yet we're oblivious.

True, not the unveiled, manifest glory of God that shone on Moses' face.

But in the way babies come

And in the way the whole earth works.

The HEAVENS declare His glory! I can't wrap my mind around Jesus knowing every single star in the sky. If I tried, I'm pretty sure my head would burst. My head and my heart.

How can I not love this God who is perfect and beautiful in every way?

Beautiful in His jealousy, beautiful in His love. Beautiful in His mercy and in His justice. So incredibly beautiful in the way He wraps us in His arms and whispers in our ears that He loves us, and we are beautiful and He will never leave us.

How can I not fall down every single day on my face when I'm in His presence? 

I want more of His presence. More than before. and I'm going to keep wanting more; and He has more to give.

I want to come before Jesus, unveiled, my heart stretched towards Him, only to see a glimpse, a mere glimpse of His face.  I just want to see your face, to touch the hem of your garment. I want more than I've ever had before of your presence, your glory!

I want Your glory to shine on my face, so that everyone can see that You are alive and they give You praise. I want to see You glorified.

No comments: