Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Prince

This is a poem I wrote...about...4 months ago? I haven't found my prince,(Not that I know of.:-p) but this is kinda what I came up with. It's going against the flow of "romantic" stories and books and movies. Sorry, I COMPLETELY suck at poems. 100% suck. :-)


The butterflies in her stomach eased
As he looked into her eyes
With that look of his
He leaned forward
And their lips met
Fireworks didn't explode
And her heart didn't stop beating
Everything stayed the same
But on the inside, she was changed
She was no longer a little girl
Dreaming of her prince
She was a grown woman
And she had found him
He wasn't in shining armor
like when she had dreamed
but rather had a few rusty spots
That had been cleaned
His honor shone through that armor
His valor like no other
He made mistakes
But had a Daddy who forgave
This was her prince
And he was so much better
than the ones in her dreams 
and fairy tales.


________
Aaand that's it.:-) I think...that society holds the bar either way to high or way too low...find your prince, he will be perfect! I've settled for that fact that no man, no matter how gorgeous or in love with God he is, is perfect. I gotta let that dream go; I have to let go of these fairy tales, the stories I read in books and see in movies. It is amazing how much of my thinking on romance is completely based off of movies and books that I read. That's how I based my emotions. RIDICULOUS. I'm still holding out for my prince, but I'm not expecting fireworks to go off, either in my head or real, when he first kisses me.


On the other hand, society's view of princes can be tarnished COMPLETELY. The bad boy. The bad boy that all the girls want. I don't want a BA boy either. He has to be humble and loving and love kids! Sure, he can ride a motorcycle (hehe), but drop that whole bad boy act. 


Anyways. Ravings of this late night must come to an end. Have a great night filled with dreams from/of our Heavenly Father.:)


~Rachel Mae~

2 comments:

lovesarevolution said...

I totally Agree with the entertainment industry getting in everyones head when it comes to our thought on love. Kids grow up watching movies or shows that do this and by the time they're a teenager they've seen so many love stories depicting perfect love that is easy to find that they expect it to be that way. Then they get in relationship and well... haha bad things happen. :/

~Rachel Mae~ said...

Yep! That's why dating in high school is a bad idea...haha I'm so grateful for parents who wouldn't let me date until I was 18.

But it's so true. And I hadn't realized how it had so influenced my thinking until these past couple of weeks. It's ridiculous!