Wednesday, January 20, 2010

He is jealous for me...

I may be slightly prejudiced when I say I love my pastor--he's my dad. :) But I sincerely love it when he preaches...you would think I'd be sick of him talking, but when he gets up there, he just lets God lead him. It's so awesome.

Anyways. Onto my blog, which by the way, is inspired by my dad's last sermon!
______________________________________________________________

There is a jealousy in the love of God that won't allow us to have any other lovers that keep us from Him. I just didn't realize how much until He totally broke down some crap in my life and revealed my "lovers" to me. I just had to give it all the Him and say "Here. Destroy them. I want nothing...nothing at all, but You." One of the questions my dad asked that completely pierced my heart was this: "Will you allow Jesus to become ruthless and destroy any other lovers that keep you from Him?" It made me realize how much Jesus means to me. 

As I was allowing these other lovers into my life, my relationship with my heavenly Daddy was decreasing. I was putting my time and effort into this other relationship rather than into the most important one. You could see it in my attitude. And I have to let those other lovers go. It's so hard. 

One of the things that Dan Knottley said was "He's God, He shouldn't have to shout...He should have the floor at all times." God had to shout to get my attention. I ignored His gentle, quiet whispers. I had to wait until He shouted and my heart was hurt a little, until I listened. I don't want that.

I want to be so in tune with my Jesus, that when it is the quietest whisper, I listen with my whole heart. 

Anyways. He is jealous for you. Don't allow any other lovers to come between you and Him.<3

No comments: